Well, summer is officially over.
How do we know this?
1. School has resumed with students and teachers back in classrooms
2. Labor Day is behind us meaning the main camping season is done
3. Temperatures are dropping (but Pastor Kara is LOVING the cooler temps)
4. Leaves are starting to change color and fall to the ground
5. The list of events/activities for your pastors has doubled from August to Sept
This past summer has been an experience.
Unlike last summer, drought was a concern in ND.
Unlike last summer, I had a dog to walk every day.
Unlike last summer, your pastors were traipsing all across the country.
Literally, across the country. Pastor Jessica flew out to visit her family last month on the East Coast. Pastor Kara drove out to Montana and Wyoming then drove to New York last May, flew to New Orleans to attend the ELCA National Youth Gathering in July, and ended up driving to South Dakota and Missouri to spend time with family (new nephew was born and two sisters were in a car crash). We just missed the Southwest and Pacific states…
For good and for ill, the summer is over. Now is the time for us to buckle down and restart many programs.
Rally Sundays for Sunday School programs are restarting this week (and will continue to happen over the course of a few weeks).
Confirmation will restart up the last Saturday in September.
Adult education programs are also getting back to routine.
– Binford will have adult education starting in October (following 8:30 worship).
– McVille will restart Wed morning Bible study on Sept 19 and will be starting a Men’s Bible study on the following Thursday afternoon.
– Lay disciples (which all are invited to attend) are meeting the second Thursday of each month and will be reading through Dietrich Bonhoeffer’s Life Together.