I know, you’re wondering: What on earth does Pastor Kara need to update you on with regards to a pig made out of peppermint? Did he melt or something?
Kara’s answer to such a silly question: Of course he didn’t melt! Solid peppermint doesn’t melt… (at least not to my knowledge)
In fact, Peppy’s still in his plastic shrinkwrap and looking as unhealthy as ever (I don’t think peppermint is necessarily healthy).
Peppy’s day of reckoning is coming soon…Dec 11, to be precise.
Sometime between 3 and 7 pm, to be even more precise.
Probably around 5, to be even more precise.
(question: is there a way to be even more precise than even more precise?!?)
However, I make a Peppy party update because of the following reasons:
1. The time and location were set for the Christmas party (3-7 pm at the parsonage in McVille)
2. The age limit was set for those expected to attend (ages 12-29, although I will welcome anyone brave enough to enter a party intended for youth). I suppose the “young at heart” could theoretically count as youth…
3. The means for choosing who gets to break Peppy were decided:
…Step A: show up at the party and enter your name in the drawing
…Step B: be really lucky and have your name drawn
…Step C: be entrusted with the felt bag and mini hammer
…Step D: hammer away!
4. The other events at the party were suggested (beyond playing games and eating food):
– make a Christmas card for someone
– watch Christmas movies
– listen to Christmas music
– decorate Christmas cookies (and of course enter the cookie decorating contest)
– and last but not least: attend the Christmas cantata next door at 7:30