(for those curious folks out there)
We have had two gathering times (4 if you count the makeup sessions). I’ll refer to them as “rounds” in this post
Round One: Intro
– Why confirmation?
– Significance of being baptized into community, church, God’s family
Round Two of Confirmation: Prayer
– What is prayer? Why do we pray?
– Psalms (Mad, Sad, Glad)
– Luther on the Lord’s Prayer (Luther’s Small Catechism)
– Music as prayer
During “Round Two” I had the kids write out three types of prayers: what makes them mad, sad and glad
– We burned what makes us mad (let anger burn up)
– We put our sad prayers in the water of the baptismal font (written with washable markers so the words disappeared)
– We laid what makes us glad either on the baptismal font or the altar